Evolution of American philosophy?
Shannon Jacobs
2007-02-10 00:39:58 UTC
With regards to the prominent neo-con complaining about vitriol, I
just want to note the obvious: The aggressive projection onto other
people of their own vices is one of the most obvious traits of the neo-
GOP pseudo-conservatives. I'm beginning to regard it as a kind of
classic symptom of their mental disorder.

Still, I think RushBaugh is the undisputed world champion, loudly
railing against drug abuse while abusing thereof. That's just the
classic case of lying to himself and taking it to the world. O'Reilly
is trying to catch up with spinning the 'no spin', but I just don't
think he has what it takes, except for the flab and personal
cowardice.

Actually, I think it also ties from the anti-Saddam war to the recent
astronaut diaper-laden comic-tragedy. Rather than face problems and
try to solve them rationally, the new American disease is to look for
who should be killed. It's kind of a bizarre evolution from Edison's
famously persistent search for the best filament for the lightbulb:

1. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

2. If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No sense being
a fool about it.

3. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then decide who's
preventing you from succeeding and kill that person.

4. If at first you don't succeed, kill someone. Don't sweat the
details about who.

I hope I'm different from people like that... When I think about
criticizing someone else, I try to stop and think about whether or not
the same criticism applies to me, even in a related form. Today's case
in point. I don't feel like killing him, but I do feel like strongly
criticizing the webmaster of the Comedy Central website... While in
some ways they do seem to "get it", their website is far beyond
clueless.

P.S. Okay, I do confess that I also fantasize about killing the
spammers. Often and frequently...

--
The truth alone will not make you free. However, it is one of the
prerequisites. Unless you know the truths underlying your options, you
war. Busheviks are simply slaves to BushCo's lies.
f***@yahoo.com
2007-02-12 10:37:06 UTC
Post by Shannon Jacobs
P.S. Okay, I do confess that I also fantasize about killing the
spammers. Often and frequently...
But that would only make them martyrs....