Jon Stewart Takes On Comedy Central’s_Censorship_of_‘South_Park’
Ubiquitous
2010-05-05 00:56:51 UTC
By DAVE ITZKOFF

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-22-2010/south-park-death-threats

Jon Stewart used the opening act of “The Daily Show” on Thursday night to
address Comedy Central’s recent censorship of “South Park.” That channel, which
also runs “The Daily Show,” added audio bleeps to Wednesday night’s “South Park”
after the show’s creators, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, were warned by an Islamic
group that they could face violent repercussions for showing a character in a
bear suit said to be the Prophet Muhammad.

While Mr. Stewart came down heavily in favor of his “good friends and
colleagues, Trey and Matt,” he said of Comedy Central: “It’s their right. We all
serve at their pleasure. I have, more than once, been called out of my home on a
Sunday to dance for the head of programming at his winter chalet.”

Mr. Stewart said Comedy Central had probably censored the “South Park” episode
to protect its employees “from possible harmful repercussions.” “Although,” he
added, “after forcing many of these same employees to work on ‘Mind of Mencia’
and ‘Krod Mandoon,’ damage done. But again, they sign the checks.”

Also on hand during the “Daily Show” segment was the correspondent Aasif Mandvi,
who is a Muslim, and who described himself as “liberal” but said a cartoon
depiction of Muhammad “would make me uncomfortable and I can understand people
being upset about it.”

“But here’s what’s more upsetting,” Mr. Mandvi continued. “Someone, in the name
of a faith that I believe in, threatening another person for doing it.”

--
Islam is a peaceful religion, just as long as the women are beaten, the boys
buggered and the infidels are killed.
RichA
2010-05-05 04:52:50 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive. Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
Andy from Dover
2010-05-05 17:47:18 UTC
Post by RichA
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive. Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
So far the Jews have taken it on the chin from M&T and haven't flinched once
at Cartman's relentless attacks on Kyle & the South Park Jewish community.

The Muslims OTOH ....

This definitely influences my side-taking decisions on Middle East policies.
;-)
Alan Ford
2010-05-06 05:27:47 UTC
Post by Andy from Dover
Post by RichA
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive. Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
So far the Jews have taken it on the chin from M&T and haven't flinched once
at Cartman's relentless attacks on Kyle& the South Park Jewish community.
The Muslims OTOH ....
This definitely influences my side-taking decisions on Middle East policies.
So let me see if I get this straight: you take an numerically
insignificant fanatical minority from a religion that spans multiple
races, nations, cultures, peoples and continents, then you proceed to
project their fanatical views onto billions of people and if this is not
retarded enough (not to mention ultra-ironic since this is precisely
what the fanatic Islamic lunatics are doing in their projections of the
entire West), you then "take side" on Middle East policies (presumably
of the US, the Israel's cannon fodder proxy in their land grab) based on
this.

Clap. Clap. Clap. Bravo. Well done.
--
If you don't beat your meat
You can't have any pudding
If you don't beat your meat?
Not Sure
2010-05-09 00:38:01 UTC
Post by Alan Ford
Post by Andy from Dover
Post by RichA
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive.  Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
So far the Jews have taken it on the chin from M&T and haven't flinched once
at Cartman's relentless attacks on Kyle&  the South Park Jewish community.
The Muslims OTOH ....
This definitely influences my side-taking decisions on Middle East policies.
That Muslime animals can't convince anyone (except the very stupid)?
Yes, we know how much that devastates you :)

you take an numerically
If you don't beat your meat?
Antonio E. Gonzalez
2010-05-10 20:57:04 UTC
On Sat, 8 May 2010 17:38:01 -0700 (PDT), Not Sure
Post by Not Sure
Post by Andy from Dover
Post by RichA
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive.  Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
So far the Jews have taken it on the chin from M&T and haven't flinched once
at Cartman's relentless attacks on Kyle&  the South Park Jewish community.
The Muslims OTOH ....
This definitely influences my side-taking decisions on Middle East policies.
That Muslime animals can't convince anyone (except the very stupid)?
Yes, we know how much that devastates you :)
Oh, I get it, Mus lime, a fruit, obviously citrus! That would
make "Mus lime animals" ones that eat said fruit!

--

- ReFlex76

Ed Stasiak
2010-05-08 21:41:13 UTC
Andy from Dover
Post by RichA
RichA
Imagine a world in which Muslim and Jew....could both be ignored and
left to their own devices to survive. Oh wait, it's possible, if the
U.S. had the guts to tell both of them to go F--- themselves.
So far the Jews have taken it on the chin from M&T and haven't flinched once
> at Cartman's relentless attacks on Kyle & the South Park Jewish
community.

And they ought to, considering the $3+ billion in American tax dollars
our government hands over to them every year…

But I'm _still_ waiting to hear that the FBI has rounded up the
members
of the AMERICAN Muslim group who were making the threats? WTF?
Fact Attack
2010-05-08 21:53:59 UTC
What normal person really cares if Muslim extremists blow up MTV?
If they would only succeed at it, I would have more respect for them.
CliffB
2010-05-08 19:52:07 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
fairly servile "take" by Stewart; but that's in keeping with the
network's genuflecting humiliation by the terror crowd. The irony is
that comedy's supposed to be irreverent and even outrageous and
speaking truth to power and all that stuff but the network's supposed
integrity bowed down hard for Al-lah this time.....